How to apply
Applications for grants from Scottish-based community groups and small charities are accepted twice a year – end of February and end of August – and grant decisions made in April and October, with awards paid shortly thereafter. The Trust will not consider applications at any other time.
To apply, complete the Application Form in full and return to the Trust as advised, by post or email. The maximum award that can be applied for is £50,000.
To ensure that an application is fully considered, it must fit within a Qualifying Category (see "What we fund") and be seeking an award of less than £50,000. If not, it will be rejected without further consideration. (See “Completing the Application Form” in “Apply Now” for further details of the criteria.) Meeting the criteria does not guarantee funding as awards are made at the discretion of Trustees and their decision is final. All information is held and stored in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Please note: the Trust will not fund individuals or commercial ventures, including business start-ups, nor will it fund requests for sponsorship.
A successful applicant can reapply for another grant no less than 12 months after the initial grant application is made. However, you can apply for further funding within that period if it is not to be used for the same purpose as the original application.
It is a requirement of accepting a grant that recipients provide a brief report, within an agreed timeframe, that shows the monies have been spent on the purpose set out in the application form.
If unsuccessful, the Trust will accept a revised application from an applicant in the next round of grant making but only if it meets a Qualifying Category. If the original application was rejected because it did not fall within a Qualifying Category, it will not be considered again.
For current deadlines, please check the clock (above right).
A summary of the application process is:
- Check that your Application meets one of the Qualifying Criteria – if it doesn’t, it will be rejected on receipt.
- Do not leave blanks as this will slow down the process of considering your application.
- If it does, complete and return a signed Application Form within deadline.
- You will receive an acknowledgement that it has been received and the date your application will be considered.
- Within 14 days of your application being considered (in line with the application cycle), you will receive notification either offering you a grant or rejecting your application.
The Trust’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.